Student Health and Accident Insurance
- All traditional fulltime undergraduate students attending The University of Findlay and carrying 12 or more credit hours per semester; nine credit hours or more for summer session are eligible and will be automatically enrolled in the Student Health and Accident Insurance Plan.
- Undergraduate students who do not desire this coverage must waive coverage as a result of completing the Health Insurance Waiver. The Health Insurance Waiver is located online in MyFindlay. The deadline for waiving insurance is October 1 for the fall semester and February 1 for first-time students in the spring semester. After these dates, the student is enrolled in the policy, and it CANNOT be waived.
- Students who waive the coverage are not eligible to enroll in the plan until the start of the next plan year.
- Graduate students carrying six credit hours or more may be eligible and included in the plan by request only. Coverage for graduate students is effective one business day after the premium is paid for the remainder of the plan year.
- Degree completion students carrying 12 credit hours or more in two blocks (one semester) may be eligible and included in the plan by request only. Coverage for degree completion students is effective one business day after the premium is paid for the remainder of the plan year.
- Graduate and degree completion students may enroll in this Plan through September 1 for the fall semester or through February 1 for first-time students in the spring semester by completing the Graduate and Degree Completion Enrollment form.
- The plan year runs August 1 through August 1.
- An undergraduate student who withdraws or drops to part-time enrollment prior to September 1 (fall) or February 1 (first-time spring student) will not be included in the plan.
The University of Findlay recommends that all students review the Student Health and Accident Insurance Plan coverage and benefits. Students may contact the Business Office with any questions regarding enrollment in this plan.