Course Levels and Prerequisites

Courses with numbers in the 100s and 200s (lower-level courses) are more general or introductory than courses in the 300s and 400s (upper-level courses). Upper-level courses are designed primarily for students who have completed a year of college work, including ENGL 106, ENGL 107, or ENGL 206. Other students may take these courses with the instructor's permission or on the basis of placement testing. Some courses have designated prerequisite courses that must be completed before the upper-level course is attempted. All prerequisite courses must be completed with at least a grade of "C." Some courses require a higher grade than a "C" for the prerequisite. The course descriptions will list required grade if different from a "C."